Peace Economy Project Now seeking: Congressional Lobby Intern!
The Peace Economy Project is currently seeking a motivated self-starter to help with our 2014 Appeal to Congress to reduce Pentagon waste. We’re looking for someone with a strong commitment to social justice and excellent communications skills who is comfortable educating the community and their Congressional Representatives on the dangers of unchecked military spending. You’ll also be traveling to Washington, DC in July with our director to deliver our petition.
Congressional Lobby Internship: Summer Semester Internship, 15-20 hours/week
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Gather signatures for PEP’s 2013 Congressional Appeal to be delivered to Washington DC
• Research Congressional Representative and Senator positions on the military spending
• Work with director to establish talking points for lobby visits, advocating for reduction in military spending
• Establish meetings with Congressional Representatives and Senators
• Travel to Washington DC with director to deliver signatures and lobby for a reduction in military spending
PEP researches military spending, educates about the hazards of an unchecked military-
industrial complex, and advocates for conversion from a military to a more stable peace-
based economy. Internships will focus on helping PEP bring awareness to unchecked military spending to the St. Louis community.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. For more information, call 314-726-6406 or visit our website, www.peaceeconomyproject.org.